The Pure Punjabi cookery school…
teaching the way that Indian mothers teach their daughters to cook
Workshops are held in Downton, SP5 3PJ, (6 miles south of Salisbury), on the edge of the New Forest, between Bournemouth, Southampton & Salisbury.
For dates & booking: click on the link below or email Safia at email@example.com
The Pure Punjabi cookery school is run by mother-daughter team, Surinder and Safia. Through their intimate, hands-on workshops, they pass on the culinary heritage of their family, using the same methods their mothers used to teach them.
What will you get at our cookery workshops?
- Access to culinary knowledge only found within Indian families, learning traditional techniques in the style that Indian mothers teach their daughters.
- An open and relaxed learning environment where you can ask questions and are given culinary advice on how to transfer these skills to suit your kitchen facilities, as well
as your lifestyle.
- Small groups (maximum of 6 people to a workshop)
- Preparing a 3 course Indian meal by yourself, under expert supervision, hands-on, with no sharing or demonstrations.
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch with beer and wine.
- You will make enough for 5 people, for your own enjoyment during the day and to take home everything you make which is enough for a meal for four!
- No hidden fees or charges.
- All workshop prices include your ingredients equipment, tuition, and refreshments .
- A discount on our products on the day.
- Workbook, which includes extra recipes and the sides which are served with lunch.
Hear from Pure Punjabi cookery school attendees…
“The workshop was excellent and went beyond my expectations – informative, friendly and easy to learn. It was very good value for money. One of the best features was the instructors, you both sell the brand wonderfully. Thank you for a great day.”
Wayne Hamlett, ‘The Indian Experience’ cookery workshop participant (February 2016)
“A brilliant day out”
Emma Parry OBE, ‘The Indian Experience’ cookery workshop participant (January 2016)
“10 out of 10. Excellent. Very well thought out and easy to follow. A great fun day. Thank you!”
Samanthan Laynon, ‘The Indian Experience’ cookery workshop participant (January 2016)
“The course was brilliant. I really enjoyed every part of it, particularly how to make the dessert. The pace was slow enough that I could follow but fast enough to keep me busy! Surinder and Safia were asbolutely EXCELLENT! Very clear. You’re both so lovely! I’ll definitely recommend it to other people! I’m inspired!”
Helen Nicholson, ‘The Indian Experience’ cookery workshop participant (January 2016)
” Good number of people allowed for more personal tuition. My favourite part was learning to make the base mix. The tutors knowledge was excellent, very personable and helpful. At no point was I left wondering what to do. The venue was excellent – felt very homely. It was nice to eat what we’d cooked for lunch. The course content and pace were excellent.”
Click here to visit our Facebook page and look at photos and feedback from cookery workshops.
Things to do in the area
Downton lies 6 miles south of the medieval town of Salisbury, which is home to Salisbury Cathedral, the third most visited Cathedral in England and houses one of the four original copies of The Magna Carta.