The Masala Dabba Starter gift set is made from stainless steel and has seven spice compartments with sealed sachets of the most widely used spices. It comes with a stainless steel spoon and has a clear airtight lid.
Spice sachets included are
- Garam masala – THE essential spice and the base of North Indian cookery
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) which we always use when making rice (gently sizzle in ghee or oil before adding rice)
- Coriander seeds – widely used in many dishes (gently sizzle in ghee or oil or toast)
- Haldi (Turmeric) – great health benefits and is added to all curries and rice.
- Paprika – often used for its red colour in chicken dishes
- Cinnamon sticks (Cassia bark) – a tough bark which we grind. Can be used in many dishes and Indian cha (tea)
- Mustard seeds – they can be gently fried and added to a variety of dishes
The spices come whole, but we can grind all or some of them for you if required.
Spice sachets can be varied if you would like a different spice, subject to our stock availability.
Collection from Downton is also available by arrangement and subject to availability.
Email Safia at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your requirements or call on 07907753157