We teach you the way our mothers taught us!
The Pure Punjabi Cookery School
The Pure Punjabi cookery school teaches the cookery of the first generation of North Indians coming to Britain two generations ago, and preserves, promotes, and teaches the traditional culinary ways.
The workshops are fully hands-on and run by mother-daughter team, Surinder and Safia. They pass on the culinary heritage of their Punjabi family, using the same methods their mothers and grandmothers used to teach them. Both started their culinary ‘training’ at the age of 7-8 years and by the age of 11 Surinder was preparing the traditional family meals, after returning from school.
- Small group of maximum 6 people,(reduced to 4 household bubbles during Covid-19).
- Hands-on workshops – You make everything yourself.
- No shared cookery
- No demonstrations only.
- Take home everything you make
Workshops are held in Downton, SP5 3PJ, (6 miles south of Salisbury), on the edge of the New Forest, between Bournemouth, Southampton & Salisbury.
Teaching the way that Indian mothers teach their daughters to cook...
We’d been thinking of how to help our customers and anyone interested in attending our award-winning ‘Indian Experience’ cookery workshop book with confidence …Our Indian Experience Cookery Workshop Options GIFT CARD is THE answer and has been very well received as a safe way to book our flagship workshop!
It’s our Covid-19 flexible options gift card and the answer to the dilemma of purchasing live experience gifts with confidence, in an increasingly uncertain situation.
What will you get at our cookery workshops?
- Access to culinary knowledge only found within Indian families, learning traditional techniques in the style that Indian mothers teach their daughters.
- An open and relaxed learning environment where you can ask questions and are given culinary advice on how to transfer these skills to suit your kitchen facilities, as well
as your lifestyle.
- Small groups (maximum of 6 people to a workshop)
- Preparing traditional North Indian dishes by yourself, under expert supervision, hands-on, with no sharing or demonstrations.
- You will make enough to eat for your own enjoyment during the workshop and to take home everything you make!
- No hidden fees or charges.
- All workshop prices include your ingredients equipment, tuition, and refreshments .
- A discount on our products on the day.
- Workbook for the workshop.
Click here to visit our Facebook page and look at photos and feedback from cookery workshops.
Things to do in the area
Downton lies 6 miles south of the medieval town of Salisbury, which is home to Salisbury Cathedral, the third most visited Cathedral in England and houses one of the four original copies of The Magna Carta.
For dates, booking and more information: click HERE or email Surinder at email@example.com