Join us in our Punjabi home for a North Indian Bread-making workshop combined with a three course lunch or supper tasting experience.
During this half day Indian bread making workshop and lunch/supper club tasting experience, you will learn how to make the traditional special occasion Indian breads eaten in households across Punjab and the rest of the world.
Using the techniques that Indian women have been using for centuries, this intimate experience, with hands-on workshop, will take you through the bread-making methods, step by step.
Taught by Indian mother and daughter, Surinder and Safia, who have over 65 years experience between them.
We are proud to be named by Olive Magazine as one of the top 8 UK Indian cookery courses.
You will learn how to make these North Indian breads…
- Paratha – the crispy fried bread, made by folding and layering the dough with butter.
- Puri – the delicious deep fried version of the Roti.
- Naan – a filling bread, traditionally served at feasts.
Your tasting menu will be 3 courses…
- Indian scrambled egg – absolutely delicious yet so simple – the perfect accompaniment to paratha and very traditionally served as a breakfast meal.
- Chole – Chickpea dhal, which always goes together with it’s proper accompaniment of the Puri bread.
- Tandoori Chicken – famous for being served with the naan bread – another classic pairing.
What will you get at our bread-making cookery workshop & tasting experience?
- Access to culinary knowledge only found within Indian families, learning traditional techniques in the style that Indian mothers teach their daughters.
- An open and relaxed learning environment where you can ask questions and are given culinary advice on how to transfer these skills to suit your kitchen facilities, as well as your lifestyle.
- Small groups (maximum of 6 people to a workshop)
- Preparing the breads by yourself, under expert supervision, hands-on, with no sharing or just demonstrations.
- No hidden fees or charges.
- All workshop prices include your ingredients equipment, tuition, and refreshments .
- A discount on our products on the day.
Itinerary & Details
Next dates are being scheduled for June – Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: The workshop is held at our home (just 10 minutes away from the M27, junction 1 – on the edge of the New Forest, on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border, between Southampton and Bournemouth).
Includes all your bread-making ingredients and 3 accompanying taster dishes.
Each workshop is limited to a maximum of 6 people, allowing Surinder and Safia the opportunity to give personal attention to each and every participant.
Workshop dates (only 6 people taken, for your best learning experience):
If you prefer to speak to us prior to booking, or to book a specific workshop date at the time of payment, please do call Surinder on 07763 823699 (Please call after 9a.m and anytime up to 7p.m.at the latest). or email: email@example.com.
Both Surinder and Safia are food hygiene certificate holders.
The Indian Experience Cookery Workshop is for domestic use only. We reserve the right to refuse any application, we do not accept caterers on this course.
Bread Making 15.08.19
‘Learnt the correct techniques for making the delicious breads… Can’t wait for the next workshop.’ – Steve H.
‘Excellent, great pace, helpful explanations’ – Peter E.
Bread Making 18.08.19
‘Enjoying learning the different ways of making breads & getting to practise the techniques… good to learn what accompaniments went traditionally with each bread.’ – Gill O.
“Enjoyed making the different breads… very enjoyable day.’ – Aran O.
‘Completely enjoyed each recipe & helped to remind mehod for roti… was a nice balance of activity and demonstration with lovely examples of accompanying dishes all vegan too :-)… I have learnt so much from the informal & open style that their courses adopt. I will & have recommended all of them.’ – Andy B.
‘Exceeded my expectations. Did realise how different bread can be… really enjoyed the whole course! Would recommend it to everyone and anyone. This is the second workshop I have been on and once again the day could not be faulted! The passion, knowledge and passion is evident to see and makes learning fun and easier.’ – Ciaran A.
‘Lovely setting, instructions good, easy to understand time went quickly but plenty of time to do the recipes.. very friendly, felt very at ease I would definetly recommend to anyone.’ – Jo A.