The Masala Dabba Spice Tin Gift is made from stainless steel and has seven spice compartments with sealed sachets of the most widely used spices. It comes with a stainless steel spoon and has a clear airtight lid.
The Masala Dabba is a standard item in every traditional Indian kitchen, usually given to a girl on marriage. It is kept for life, and used to hold the most frequently used spices and condiments for daily cooking.
No more searching for different pots and packets. It’s the perfect gift for the experienced cook as well as the keen novice learner.
Spice sachets included are
- Garam masala – THE essential spice and the base of North Indian cookery. This is our own premium hand-produced family Garam Masala, still made using our family recipe in the way.
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) which we always use when making rice (gently sizzle in ghee or oil before adding rice)
- Cloves – deliciously bittersweet and are used in a variety of dishes, including pilau rice and Indian cha (tea)
- Haldi (Turmeric) – great health benefits and is added to all curries and rice.
- Paprika – often used for its red colour in chicken dishes
- Cinnamon sticks (Cassia bark) – a tough bark which we grind. Can be used in many dishes and Indian cha (tea).
- Green cardamom – fragrant green pods which we use whole to make our Indian cha.