The Masala Dabba Starter gift set is made from stainless steel and has seven spice compartments with sealed sachets of the most widely used spices. It comes with a stainless steel spoon and has a clear airtight lid.
Spice sachets included are
- Garam masala – THE essential spice and the base of North Indian cookery. This is our own premium hand-produced family Garam Masala, still made using our family recipe in the way.
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) which we always use when making rice (gently sizzle in ghee or oil before adding rice)
- Coriander seeds – widely used in many dishes (gently sizzle in ghee or oil or toast)
- Haldi (Turmeric) – great health benefits and is added to all curries and rice.
- Paprika – often used for its red colour in chicken dishes
- Cinnamon sticks (Cassia bark) – a tough bark which we grind. Can be used in many dishes and Indian cha (tea).
- Green cardamom – fragrant green pods which we use whole to make our Indian cha.
The spices come whole, but we can grind all or some of them for you if required.