Learn how to make Ghee, Yoghurt and Paneer in this virtual workshop, delivered by us from our home to yours.
The health benefits of making your own yoghurt as well as paneer and ghee, are not only important for digestive health, but beneficial to those who have a hard time digesting dairy products made from cow’s milk. Often people who are lactose intolerant are able to digest dairy products made from goat, sheep and buffalo milk and to consume these in small quantities. Making your own food from scratch allows you to control the source and provenance of your ingredients, support your local producers and suppliers, and ensure that there are no preservatives in your food.
Locally to us on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border, there are an abundance of farmers and producers from whom one can source fresh dairy products. Across the U.K. there are many farm shops and small producers where you can obtain fresh milk.
If you are joining this workshop from our locality, Nunton Farm have fresh milk available at their pick-up point in Nunton.
- This is a 2 -part workshop – -a mid-late evening session and a early evening session. as the yoghurt requires making in the evening for overnight sitting.
- This will be the same format as the live teaching workshops
- Teaching and guidance in the correct and traditional techniques.
- Make enough for 4 people
- List of fresh ingredients will be emailed to you
- List of equipment needed will be emailed to you
We will start with making the ghee, and then move onto boiling the milk and making the yoghurt to leave overnight. The following day we will check the yoghurt and discuss the ones that have set, and those that have not. We will then make the Paneer.